My name is Sophie Hansen and I was born and raised in Sydney. Now I live with my husband and kids on our farm outside Orange in country New South Wales.
Here are a few more things about me…
- I trained in print journalism (at the University of Canberra) and have over 20 years of experience as a features writer.
- I sometimes host and co-host workshops on Instagram, smartphone photography and reels. Please get in touch if you’d like to chat about that (maybe you have an awesome venue we could do one in?).
- I am the author and photographer of four cookbooks; Local is Lovely 2014 (Hachette), A Basket by the Door 2019 (Murdoch Books), In Good Company and Around the Kitchen Table. My fifth book is due out in April 2024.
- I spent a few years working with Slow Food Editore in Northern Italy in my twenties.
- In 2016 I was awarded Australian Rural Woman of the Year in recognition of my commitment to rural communities.
- I have developed and photographed recipes for a wide range of clients from Walnuts Australia to The Manildra Group, Beerenberg, Barkers of NZ and many more.
- I co-host a podcast about cooking and reading, and reading about cooking. It’s called Something to Eat and Something to Read.
I believe in being generous with the things we know and do.
And most of all, believe in simple, tasty and seasonal food made with love and shared generously.
Let’s work together….
I can help with social media training, content planning and creation, workshops, gatherings and all kinds of things. To chat, please email me on email@example.com.
Also…find me here…