My name is Sophie Hansen and I was born and raised in Sydney. Now I live with my husband and kids on our farm just outside of Orange in country New South Wales. We farm red deer and cattle and run a vertically integrated meat business.
Here are a few more things about me…
- I trained in print journalism (at the University of Canberra) and have over 20 years experience as a features writer.
- I help producers and food businesses create and share useful, valuable content that will drive sales, grow connections and build a community around what you do.
- I am the author and photographer of three cookbooks; Local is Lovely 2014 (Hachette), A Basket by the Door 2019 (Murdoch Books) and In Good Company To be released Autumn 2020 by Murdoch Books.
- I spent three years working with Slow Food Editore in Northern Italy in my twenties and now teach social media and content marketing to producers and small food, fibre and wine businesses via My Open Kitchen (podcast, e-course and workshops).
- In 2016 I was awarded Australian Rural Woman of the Year in recognition of my commitment to rural communities.
- I have developed and photographed recipes for a wide range of clients from Walnuts Australia to The Manildra Group, Beerenberg, Barkers of NZ and many more.
- I write a regular recipe feature for Graziher magazine and often contribute to Organic Gardener Magazine. And I have over 20 years experience as a food writer for national magazines online publications.
- I know from first hand experience – both as a journalist and farmer, the power of social media to tell your story and grow a community of advocates around what you do.
What I do
I help people who grow, share, cook and produce food (and fibre and wine!) create and share highly valuable, engaging content that builds sales and loyalty among their ideal audience and establishes them as an expert in their field – someone to know, like and trust (and we all know that people want to do business with people they know, like and trust).
I believe in being generous with the things we know and do.
And most of all, believe in simple, tasty and seasonal food made with love and shared generously.
Let’s work together….
I can help with social media training, content planning and creation, workshops, gatherings and all kinds of things. More on the different packages and ideas for how we can work together can be found on my Work with Me page, otherwise please email me on email@example.com.
Also…find me here…
Instagram; @locallovely (31.6K followers)
Newsletter; ‘5 things to be cheerful about this Monday’ (weekly to 5.4k/average open rate 51%)
Facebook; Local is Lovely (5.1k followers)
Image above by Clancy Job.