Last Friday we went along to Orange’s Slow Summer Night Market. It was a great night with lots of great local food and wine, including two of our favourites, Printhie Wines (poured by our mate Ed, above) and Ross Hill. We also saw the crew behind the upcoming Millamolong Polo Carnival (March 16 and 17). This is a great day out, very relaxed and family-friendly, so if you are in or around Orange, hope to see you there!
We are gearing up now for our first Farm Kitchen lunch this year, to be held next Saturday, February 9, so please let me know if you’d like to come along. And in the meantime, as usual here on a Friday, here’s a little round-up of links that might make some good weekend reading and cooking;
- Lemon, vanilla cream sandwiches from Roost
- Cute food ‘Valentines’ from The Indigo Bunting
- The shortbread recipe that kept Tasmania’s firefighters going last month
- 3191 Miles Apart is a great new discovery. Can’t wait to make their recipe for spiced plum chutney
- First season apples are just starting to appear in our markets. And this cake with it’s crunchy rosemary crust might be a nice way to celebrate
- Please take ten minutes, or so, to read this essay by Zadie Smith. It’s all about joy, and pineapple ice blocks. Thanks to Orangette for finding this one
- Some handy hints on how to fake a wine pedigree
- Ever wondered what Barbie eats? Then check out Taiwan’s Barbie themed restaurant. Wowsers, my Alice would love this place
- Smoking meat with the Nordic Food Lab
- Get your bake on with these Pear, vanilla and smoke cakes, and Swedish Princess Cakes, both, via Donal Skehan
- Got lamb? Then make this
- A big plate of these gozleme with a few beers would be pretty great for dinner tonight. Via the lovely Anneka Manning on EatLove
- Also from EatLove, Ben Shewry’s Violet Crumble recipe plus a few more from his new book. Bring it.
Your farm kitchen lunch sounds wonderful, I would be there in a heart beat if I lived a little closer.
I’m sure they will be queueing up to get a seat at your table!
Jane @ Shady Baker says
I love this market without even visiting it Sophie! Have a lovely weekend x