My parents-in-law Judith and Andrew have an amazing garden that incorporates a wooded area covered thickly with pine-needles. Under this carpet are hundreds of beautiful pink saffron cap and porcini mushrooms, creating little mounds as they push up to the surface.
We’ve been harvesting bucket after bucket this morning, and now face the not unpleasant prospect of cooking mushrooms all weekend, kicking off our fungi-fest tonight with an old-school classic, venison stroganoff.
But for now, here below are a few links to articles and recipes you might like to read and cook in the coming weeks. Have a lovely weekend!
- I’m only just recovering from a serious case of kitchen and lifestyle envy brought on by this slideshow. Here’s another one that’s a touch hard to take, but this time, a country retreat in Brooklyn
- These apple and oat tarts look beautiful and pretty healthy
- Will definitely be making this cream of mushroom soup with some of today’s stash
- Happy Yolks does kale and apple tamales. Yum
- Noma’s coffee ‘sommelier’ talks brewing
- The Selby visits an organic Japanese egg farm
- Granola bars by the Delightful Crumb
- Honestly Yum is a very cool new food blog from the states
- It’s Friday so lets celebrate with a nice glass of something…What about a cardamom rose cocktail or spicy grapefruit margarita?
- Hot cross brioche buns by my new favourite print magazine, Fete Press
- Inside out ravioli by the beautiful Reclaiming Provincial
- Pistachio layer cake with honey butter by The Tart Tart
- For the sweet toothed among us, how beautiful does this banoffee parfait with date caramel and granola recipe look?
- I wish I travelled with food like this.