A couple of months ago I received a lovely email from publishers Hachette Australia, wondering if I might be interested in writing a book based on Local is Lovely. The answer of course was a big fat yes. So after many discussions about how it might look/feel/come together, I’ve just driven back from Sydney with a contract and a (terrifying) deadline. And am beyond excited.
Local is Lovely ‘the book’ will be a seasonal collection of stories and recipes, including some favourites from the blog and lots of new content too. It’s due for release in April 2014 (holy moly!).
In other news…we are expecting the season’s first frost tomorrow morning, brrr. And Tim has just informed me that we are tracking at 50% less rainfall this year on last so it’s looking like a fairly dry winter ahead. But as that wise man said last Friday, if it’s not going to rain, we may as well enjoy the stunning Autumn weather and so are trying to have a few bonfires and picnics, and of course, cooking LOTS of our beautiful venison snags over open fires.
And because it’s a new month, here’s a new collection of links and blogs to discover. Have a wonderful May everyone. Sophiex
- Brown sugar baked fries from A Beautiful Mess
- The Vanilla Bean Blog is bursting with great recipes and beautiful images
- Spend 10 days in Ireland with Oh Lady Cakes
- Looking forward to making this sweet berry lime cake from Joy the Baker
- Sydney-based Louisa Brimble’s blog is just stunning. Loved this post from the recent Kinfolk magazine flower potluck and her photo story on making pasta. Thanks Lousia! Very inspiring.
- The Shady Baker’s recent posts have all been so gorgeous, particularly this one – what an amazing looking event
- The photography and food writing in Tasmania’s Island Menu blog seems to get better and better with every post. These guys are so very clever
- Lots of incredible food blogs to discover via Saveur’s 2013 Food Blog Awards
- Professional forager Evan Strusinski’s story
- A simple pot of beans via Poor Man’s Feast. Beautiful
- Lemon thyme and fennel risotto via What’s for Lunch Honey
- Cereal Magazine’s tumblr offers a rolling gallery of peaceful food porn
- Roasted hazlenut butter biscuits from Poires et Chocolat
- I LOVE the idea of starting a cookbook club…anyone keen?
- Sweet Paul has just released its first kids edition. Gorgeous
- This ginger coconut milk soup would do wonders on a cold Orange evening.