We have some friends arriving tonight for the long weekend. They’re making the trip from Sydney and Melbourne and we are excited – big time. Two of them happen to be Alice’s godmothers and she is beside herself. So, Elise, Sam, Simon and Eddie – this is our plan for you: we’re going to kick off by visiting Tim and our stand at the Orange Region Farmers Market on Saturday morning, then home for lunch and an afternoon in Canowindra. Maybe a little shop at the beautiful Bendy St Emporium, two doors up we’ll have a drink or two at Swinging Bridge’s new cellar door and then red wine and venison pies by the fire that night. On Sunday we’ll head to the Old Convent Cafe for lunch and maybe if it’s not too cold, a bonfire that afternoon.
Have a great long weekend everyone, and if coming to Orange – bring your beanies! Monday is a public holiday so once everyone heads home I might…
1. Dream of balmy dinners at the beach
2. Spend some time at my new discovery Kirsty. This website is incredible
3. Go fishing with Island Menu
4. Make this beautiful almond cake
5. Bookmark these spelt and yogurt rolls by Sisters in the Kitchen
6. Stock up on citrus at the farmers market and maket this grapefruit and ginger curd.
7. Eat a sandwich like this
8. Make chocolate crinkle biscuits.
Oh, and please also take a look at Orange’s 2012 Frost Fest program. We are hosting a few events during the festival and would love to see you there.
My posts elsewhere this week
One-cup crumble cake for JustB
Caramel apples on Village Voices
My ‘Mom Story‘ on Bloesem Kids
Lamb and oregano ragu with baked brown rice on Village Voices