Hello. It’s a busy Friday here getting ready for two lunches at the Farm Kitchen over the weekend but I just wanted to post a few links to pages and sites that caught my eye this week. Have a lovely weekend everyone, and if in Orange, swing by the beautiful old Blowes Conservatory in Cook Park. Alice, Tom and I had a picnic there yesterday and it was looking so beautiful. Plus, don’t forget the fantastic Wine Week Night Market Tonight, lots more wine week events tomorrow and Sunday so check out the program here.
- Wholewheat orange blossom bread from the lovely blog Fig and Fauna
- Great to discover this list of new cookbooks I never knew I wanted! Via blogger Aran Goyoaga and collected on 101 cookbooks.
- Just a month or so to go until fig season here so I’ll be bookmarking this recipe for brown sugar roasted fig porridge from Joy the Baker.
- And still on figs, this molasses roasted fig salad looks pretty delicious too. It comes from a blog I always love to read, the Big Bang Studio. Their latest post, a travel diary to Iceland was a great bit of armchair travel
- My favourite new food blogs this week; For me For You and Farm House Delivery
- Honey roasted peanut butter by Not Without Salt
- Kate Spade’s favourite NYC food trucks
- I am sick of looking like a dag when cooking for everyone at our farm kitchen and wish wish wish Ice Milk Aprons delivered these stunners to Australia
- Roasted hazlenut nutella roulade or what about a rustic raspberry pie? Yes please. Both come from another discovery this week, Adventures in Cooking. The blog’s clever author Eva Kosmas is a pretty awesome pinner too, you can check out her Pinterest page here.
We still have some places left for our Martin Boetz Longrain lunch here at the Farm Kitchen on Sunday, November 11. Please email me if interested, or have a look on our events page for more information. And lastly, I mentioned last week that the fantastic Frankie magazine have a story on us in their latest issue. The lovely Frankie ladies just emailed me a pdf of the story, here it is below. To read the rest please grab a copy! It’s a great issue this one.